Copyright 2013 Anna K. Powered by Blogger.

Snow Cream: A Yummy Winter Treat

It's finally seeming like winter in Georgia! In this post I will be sharing a fun winter idea. Snow cream is sort of like ice cream, but with a different texture.

 What you'll need to make snow cream:
 1. One cup of milk 2. Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract 3. Half a cup of sugar 4. Four-six cups of snow (I set a bowl out to catch the snow so I didn't have to get it from the ground) To start, mix the milk, vanilla extract, and sugar together until the sugar dissolves. Then slowly add the snow in cup by cup. And you are done!

 It's great to curl up on the couch with a book and your snow cream on a cold day. How do you spend your winter days?


Have fun in the snow!

7 comments:

Mary Prather January 28, 2014 at 5:43 PM  

Anna ~ I have already passed this recipe on to someone who wanted to know how to make snow cream. Good job! xoxoxoxo Mom

Unknown January 28, 2014 at 6:21 PM  

I have never heard of snow cream before today and had three friends post about it today. So, I used your recipe and made some tonight. It tasted like Rita's sweet cream Italian ice! Awesome! Thanks!

Lara January 29, 2014 at 11:04 AM  

We tried this today and it was great. We used half and half because we were low on milk. It was great! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous,  January 30, 2014 at 12:46 PM  

Anna- I found this recipe from a friend yesterday. I had never heard of snow cream before! It turned out perfect and such a nice treat for all 3 of my boys. I made extra and shared with some of the neighbors. Everyone loved it. Thanks for posting and keep up the cute blog you started.

Anonymous,  January 30, 2014 at 12:47 PM  

Sorry, I only published anonymous because I do not know how to do it any other way. I am still learning.

Karen January 31, 2014 at 7:06 AM  

One of my favorite memories is making Snow Cream at my Grandmother's house. It was always such a fun time for us. We would go outside and find very clean snow and help Mom stir it up in a big old tin pan. Thank you for reminding me of this lovely time.

Lucinda February 1, 2014 at 6:08 AM  

Ooh, now I REALLY want it to snow over here in England so I can make some of this! Thank you for sharing this recipe, I'm saving it.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital